Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a day

Today Douglas got tubes put in his ears. He did very good. His surgery was at 8:00am and we were out of there at 9:00am. The hardest part was when they came and got us so that we could go back with him after surgery. I could hear him crying. They are very disorineted when they are coming out of anesthia. We are suppose to keep him still today (HA!HA!) Like Douglas every sits still for anything. It helped that we had to drive for two hours. Hopefully this means that he will not as many ear infections as he has had in the past few months.

Clint is doing good. He has not gotten sick and hopefully it stays that way. He did tell us on the way home that he fell off of the toilet while my dad was watching him today. It was sooo funny. We were driving home and out of the blue he says, "I fell off of the toilet." So I asked him when and he said "today." Then Tyrone asked him if his Grandpa pushed him off of the toilet and Clint says "no, the toilet pushed me off." We had a good laugh at that comment. So everyone needs to be careful while on the toilet. Don't let it push you off.

Tyrone is home tonight. He will leave before sunup Wednesday to go hunting again. He will be gone for another week, unless he gets an elk before then. I can't wait till he get his elk so that he can come home to stay. He saw some elk on his way home Monday but because of time he could not take the time to go after them. Maybe this weekend he will get lucky and get his deer and elk at the same time. I know the boys and I really miss him when he is gone although we are thankful that he did get drawn for elk and deer because they provide alot of meat and with the price of food lately it would be very helpful to not have to spend at much on meat as we have been.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That is so awesome that he was drawn...getting a deer or elk is SO helpful! I wish Dave could get some again. And I'm glad Douglas' procedure went well! Poor boy! I know exactly what you mean about them coming out of the anesthesia. Sam has had surgery twice and that's how it was both times...I could always hear him crying as I approached the room and it was so sad to see them so disoriented! Please let me know if you need anything at all!

nickndest said...

Glad to hear that Douglas is doing good. Those mean toilets...sometimes the eat you.
I hope Tyron gets both, just dont tell Nick, he'll be jealous.

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing