Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where has my garden gone?

We planted a garden of watermelon, tomatoes, bell peppers, and pumpkins. Last week we noticed that our tomatoes were all gone the plants still there but the almost ripe tomatoes gone along with some of our watermelons.

Needless to say we were very sad cause we were thrilled because it is the first year that our garden has done this good. Any way, yesterday I had someone weedeat the weeds in the back and low and behold there were more tomatoes growing and we had 6 watermelon!!!!!! The good news is we found out who/what ate the veggies. It was a BIG javalina! He even had the nerve to try and eat more from our garden this morning but we scared him off. Our veggis are safe for now.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I feel your garden pains!! Whenever we garden without a surrounding fence, the javelina find our stash way before we do.... soooooo frustrating!!!!
See ya around..
Christa

Nadine said...

That mean old Javelina. I cant believe the nerve. LOL. Seriously, it is frustrating. I hope you are able to eat the rest though, it sounds good and I love home grown tomatoes, my favorite... yumm.

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing