Sunday, November 9, 2008

That's My Boy!

Douglas always does something that makes me stop and think "you are just like your dad." So today I decided to vacuum the house while the boys were eating breakfast rather than shower. So by the time they were done eating I was ready to shower. I hate to leave Douglas unattended while I am in the shower because he gets into everything!!!!!!! So I move his high chair into the living room and buckle him in and give him some toys to play with. I get out of the shower and come out to check on the boys and Douglas has gotten out of his chair (buckle still done up) and is setting in the rocking chair.

We all are ready for church and I get the boys outside and lock the door. Douglas hurries over to talk to nippers (our dog) who is fenced in the side yard. No big deal it makes it easier to get Clint in the car and my things loaded so I turn around to go get Douglas and I don't see him in the yard he has managed to get past the fence and into nippers yard. How the heck did he do that. When he saw me coming he ran to the dog house and climbed in and would not come out. I had to threaten to spank him before he finally decided he should come out. When we got home from church he once again climbed into the yard to say "hi" to nippers again.

I just have to shake my head and laugh when Douglas does something. He is really just like his dad no matter what Tyrone says. It is great having two boys and is so funny to see how different they are. Clint is easy going and usually pretty good. Douglas is well sometimes my challenge. I was so happy two weeks ago we made it completely through sacrament meeting without having to leave. This week Douglas decided he was going to try and crawl under the pews. Not such a bad thing but as church was starting and he was still trying to crawl under the pews he was saying "bye, bye" You are so not leaving. So I decide to take him out and as we are walking past people he is telling them "bye". If it is the last thing I do he will learn to sit through sacrament metting. Maybe next week will be better as Tryone will be there to hold him.

Anyway I love my boys even when they want to stay home from church and play with the dog. They always make me laugh and I am glad that I have been blessed to raise them at this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey tara. you made me laugh out loud with douglas. what a stinker! hey, lydia made a comment in sunday school today about just that; having your kids stay quiet and reverent in sacrament meeting. she said when her girls were 1 & 3, michael was out to sea and she had a really hard time. she said she was impressed to read the scriptures with the girls, even if it was just few verses, depending on their day, and that really helped!

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing