Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wedding

Mary dancing.
Mother, Son dance

Clint dancing with one of the bridesmaids


Should we shove it in each other's mouth?



Douglas getting down with the music




Todd, Tiffany, and Gage after the ceremony





Douglas taking a deep breath in order to blow bubbles.













First dance









Mary caught the flowers. Mary, Tiffany and Arianna


We went to my nephew's wedding this weekend. As I was listening to the ceremony I was thinking how greatful I am that I was able to be sealed to a wonderful man. Unlike civil weddings where they say "till death do you part" we get the pleasure of hearing "for time and all eternity" How blessed we are that we can be a family forever as long as we do our part here on earth. I do not know what I would do if I was not able to partake of the blessing of being married in the temple.
A funny side note. During the ceremony the preacher told this story. A woman dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter tells her that in order to get into heaven she has to spell the word love. So she spells L-O-V-E. A few years later St. Peter has to leave the pearly gates to go to a meeting and askes the lady to take care of the gates for him. Her husband dies and comes up to the gate and tells her about his life after she died. He said "you know that pretty young nurse that took care of you? Well we got married and we were skiing and I hit a tree and here I am. What do I have to do in order to get into heaven?" She responds "you have to spell Checlizovocia(sp?).






No comments:

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing