Monday, January 4, 2010

Do I really want to be a Sunbeam????

With the new year comes a new primary class for the kids. With Douglas being 3 he no longer gets to go to nursery he is now a Sunbeam. All of last week I told him that he gets to go to "big boy" primary because he is now a big boy. He was ok with this news as he likes to remind me that he is a "big little boy".

Tyrone takes Douglas in to his new teachers as Douglas is trying to convince Tyrone to take him to nursery because he wants to go to primary. To make matters worse I am the music leader in primary so I am in there for the first hour. Not a good combination because Douglas is not as well behaved when I am around (must be a 3-year-old thing). Anyway Douglas was crying and trying to go to nursery all of singing time. Anyway as his teacher was holding him Douglas tells him "let go of my arm I have to scratch my bum."

I guess this week we need to work on trying to convince Douglas that being a Sunbeam is cool so that he will want to go next week.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I feel your pain!! Someday these boys will get the new routine down...hopefully!!! Maybe next week will be better for both of them.. I will keep talking to Will about it all this week and hopefully we will have some improvements for next Sunday. The poor Phelps don't even know what they are getting theirselves into! He!He! But, then again, their couldn't be a better couple to tackle these guys!

T. Sipes said...

I know they are sooo good with the kids. Good luck with convincing Will that being a Sunbeam is cool.
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the convincing part. I hear from Tami that boys a more difficult to teach things too.

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing