Friday, March 19, 2010

Rise and Shine

5:30 am I hear a noise in the boys room. Trying hard to wake up enough to really listen to what it was I finally figure it out after just a short minute. It was Douglas going through the toy box trying to find the perfect toy. Did I say it was 5:30 am? I drag myself out of bed (because Tyrone is at work still). I go in the bedroom and sure enough Douglas is headed towards the door with his arms loaded with toys. He looks up at me and says his famous words "I had good dreams." Of course I am happy that he had good dreams but let me remind you again that it is 5:30 am so I did what any mother would do. I calmly tell him that it is not time to get up and I cover him back up in bed (toys left on the floor). We both go back to bed and 30 minutes later we are both up for the day.

I wish I had the same energy as kids do. Hopefully we both have a good day today:) We both tend to get a little crancky when we get tired. I love my little guys.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I know just what you mean. I don't know how my boys can get up so early and have so much energy.

Johnson Family said...

this is why moms need naps!!! I think you definitely deserve one today!!!!
Love ya,
Christa

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing