Monday, March 8, 2010

We're Jerks!!

To tell this story I have to go back to the year 2002. Tyrone and I got married November 19, 2002. What a happy time that was for us. We got gifts, cards with money and gift cards in them and many people wishing us luck and happiness. It was wonderful!!

Move forward one year. I was in the hospital for 9 weeks with my first pregnancy. Tyrone had to rush down to Phoenix in the middle of the night and apparently left the house in a mess ( like most guys do). Well before we came home from the hospital some friends and family cleaned our house for us and in doing so put some cards/mail in a bag. I never sat down and offically looked through the bag of cards/bills. The bag got put in our closet and when I would clean I would think "I should go through that bag and see what needs or can be thrown away."

Now flashforward to the year 2010. Our house is being inspected this Wednesday so to get ready I started by cleaning my bedroom really good (going through this bag of cards/bills). I found many cards we got from our wedding/bridal shower. It brought back good memories. Well this is what I found in 8 cards. A total of $155 and $85 in gift cards. Oh my goodness how the heck did we forget about these?!?!?!

I feel so bad that we missed these and now I am wondering did we even send these people thank you cards for the gift? Well too late now. I told Tyrone tha we are jerks (as that is his favorite line to say).

By the way I don't think anyone that reads my blog was affected by this mishap in any way. Oh and yes the gift cards still have money on them:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Go shopping!!

Unknown said...

dude, you're not a jerk. chalk it up to paying your tithing!:)

first fishing trip

first fishing trip
feeding the ducks while fishing